Advanced search

Siemens EQ 300

Ground coffee stuck in grinder exit

Nightblade

June 11, 2023 03:20 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 66413

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PcU_hvAp4dPZQO1Tah97YJ-2bVKwIBJl/view?usp=drive_link

Hi all. I have an issue with my Siemens EQ 300. Since a day the beans get ground as usual, but they don't exit the 'dispenser' into the tray. This leads to the grinder exit getting clogged and the grounds only getting dispensed after another coffee grinding cycle, with the new grounds pushing the old grounds out.

I started out on the fine grind setting, but I've switched around to even the coarsest to see if this fixed anything. I have not had this issue before. I thought the beans were perhaps too oily, getting stuck and clumped, but the beans don't seem oily at all; they are not coated and the grounds don't seem 'wet' or oily.

I have only managed to get cups of coffee that get close-ish to the old cups, but waiting for the grounds to get pushed out don't give enough to get a normal cup or coffee puck.

Anyone has any idea to fix this or how this could get repaired? I bought this machine eight months ago, second hand, no issues until now, but also no warranty.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to read and respond!

marcosg

June 11, 2023 08:55 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 66417

Hello,

I think there might be something wrong with your grinder, but I have no idea what it might be.

The grinder is quite an easy part to service on this machine. Just pop out the covers and you will be able to remove the grinder (funny enough, it's only attached with an elastic band).

But even before you do that I'd advise you to investigate what is going on in the path of the coffee from the grinder to the brewing unit. To do that, you can simply remove the red handle-cover-funnel on the brewing unit (be careful, the left plastic clip -left looking at it when you remove the unit from the machine, is quite weak and very easy to break). Then insert the brewing unit back into the machine and brew an espresso with the door open (you'll have to trick the door sensor by inserting something in its slot; again, be careful not to break the sensor or its plate).

In its path (now with no funnel it will be more like a waterfall) the coffee powder should be completely dry, and it should not be getting stuck anywhere. It should be flowing gently into the brewer's cup. You can also check for the size of the powder, if you see big chunks there might be something wrong with the grinder.

A new grinder would probably be quite expensive unless you find it second-hand, so I would check the old one out before buying a new one. Before you disassembled it, note that there should be a felt-pen mark aligned on both sides of the body (the white part). If they are not aligned you might want to try to rotate the upper side until they are. That mark is supposed to be the reference for a new machine, but I guess you might need to tighten it a bit more if your machine is oldish due to the wear and tear of the disks. If you open the grinder, again, be careful with the black clips, they are very easy to break, and if you do break them you will need to either reattach them with glue or buy a new grinder.

Finally, There is this German guy on Youtube with many interesting videos on this machine, just search OnlineHelpNoProblem.

Good luck.

Regards,

Marcos